The GBN was established to promote and support these core benefits for its affiliates:
CREDIBILITY – Use expertise at member organizations; win the award for your best practice benchmarking project.
SHARING – Share experiences and learn from other organizations around the globe.
LEARNING – Use GBN resources and gain access to partner resources.
NETWORKING – Attend the GBN Annual General Meeting in a different country each year.
EXCELLENCE – Achieve excellence in the field of benchmarking through the mutual support of GBN members.
VISIBILITY – Be recognized as a benchmarking expert, place the GBN Logo on your website, and be listed on ours.
Based on this background, the GBN provides the following core services for its members:
- Meetings: The GBN organises an Annual General Meeting which encourages all members to attend.
- Projects: The GBN supports projects that assist the GBN to achieve its mission and vision.
- Publications: The GBN produces a twice-yearly newsletter and encourages the exchange of publications between members.
- Best practice website: Members are allocated to access the best practice website – www.bpir.com.
- International Benchmarking Conference: Each year the GBN organises an International Benchmarking Conference.
- GBN Roadshow: This event brings experts on benchmarking to a GBN member’s country to share experiences. Benchmarking
- Partner Search: Members are encouraged to use the GBN when seeking assistance, advice and searching for benchmarking partners.